SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Battery options on my 400?

(1/2) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
The battery on my 400 came dry charged with the bike and loads of NOS parts but no invoice for the battery- not sure how old it is - type is marked as YB 12A-A - it looks the same as the 500 unit.
I filled it with the battery acid that came with it in 2020. It appears to loose it's charge when standingelatively quickly - I charge it up the day before I go out for a ride.

I'm thinking of getting a Powerline AGM from Tanya Batteries - I've seen the Motobatt option (expensive)- it appears to have a horizontal rather than a vertical terminal mount in the photos do they come with some sort of terminal adapter?

Bryanj:
Some do some dont Ted, as to the Tanya battery that is what you had on the 500 and yes it is the same as 400.
Lead acid do loose charge more even if not connected .
In your case i would put the 500 one on the 400 till you finished the 500

Laverda Dave:
I ordered a Motobatt today Ted for my 400 from Motorcycle Products. £63.90 but £69 with the delivery (2 days).
I swear by Motobatt, never had one fail yet, the oldest now being 6-7 years old. I have an Odyssey on the Jota, now that was expensive, in the region of £100 about 15 years ago and it's still on there now but that is a big battery with very high cranking power to turn the very heavy crank and pistons!

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Bryanj on June 29, 2024, 11:13:13 PM ---Some do some dont Ted, as to the Tanya battery that is what you had on the 500 and yes it is the same as 400.
Lead acid do loose charge more even if not connected .
In your case i would put the 500 one on the 400 till you finished the 500

--- End quote ---

The battery switch is part of my plan!!

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on June 30, 2024, 12:15:45 AM ---I ordered a Motobatt today Ted for my 400 from Motorcycle Products. £63.90 but £69 with the delivery (2 days).
I swear by Motobatt, never had one fail yet, the oldest now being 6-7 years old. I have an Odyssey on the Jota, now that was expensive, in the region of £100 about 15 years ago and it's still on there now but that is a big battery with very high cranking power to turn the very heavy crank and pistons!

--- End quote ---

What about the terminals Dave how do you make a vertical mounting post?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version