SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Doms CB550F1 project

<< < (120/126) > >>

DomP:
I think I'm just worried it's going to leave me stranded down the bottom of a hill, I can only go downwards from my place

Laverdaroo:
It’s like that at my house Dom, best foot forward and all that.

Can of brake fluid in your pocket to encourage it to fire if it bogs is a handy thing to have if stuck. If only to limp home if it gets moody and gives up. It’ll be carbs so you might as well gob full to get it running if yer stuck. Just don’t give it heaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DomP:

--- Quote from: Laverdaroo on June 02, 2024, 08:01:20 PM ---It’s like that at my house Dom, best foot forward and all that.

Can of brake fluid in your pocket to encourage it to fire if it bogs is a handy thing to have if stuck. If only to limp home if it gets moody and gives up. It’ll be carbs so you might as well gob full to get it running if yer stuck. Just don’t give it heaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I was quite tempted this afternoon but didn't get a chance between people visiting, how many miles should I do to being with and up to what rpm?  I still can't get a rev reading so I'll be guessing that bit.

Bryanj:
If the engine is built to mr Hondas specs it onlyneeds bedding in not running in. More imortant to not run with revs to low (lugging) than letting it rev high

DomP:
Thanks Bryan, I'll ride it like a semi loony then, to be honest brakes will be the limiting factor as they're not that great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version