SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Newbie '78 CB750 K8 (US) Cafe Build

<< < (5/6) > >>

Rozabikes Tim:
No struggling with leg atrength and 750 too much for me (as is my 400 now to be honest)

As I say scale in my picture isn't correct, just a cut, paste and stretch job of various pictures. If you like the idea do some research on internet on tank stretching DME did. Think it was on sister .net site. However stock CX tank could work nicely anyway. One thing you need to look at is mounting for final visual look. CX tank sits at a bit of an angle towards headatock on original bike.

Hope that helps.

royhall:
Just put a Delkavic on my GS1000. Sounds really good but the fit was not great, I had to send one pipe back for rebending and adjust the length of another. Also the silencer does appear to stick out a bit too far, but it is the version with the long can on it.

Rob62:

--- Quote from: royhall on May 02, 2018, 07:52:05 AM ---Just put a Delkavic on my GS1000. Sounds really good but the fit was not great, I had to send one pipe back for rebending and adjust the length of another. Also the silencer does appear to stick out a bit too far, but it is the version with the long can on it.

--- End quote ---

How does it compare to the photo on their website?..

A photo of your pipe, or even better a video, would be nice..

royhall:
Rob. Delkevic were great about the problems and rebent a pipe for me, even gave me £20 back for the trouble. They were horrified that the new CNC bender had got it wrong. Here's a few photos, can't do a video at the moment as the tank and panels are away at Menno's for a repaint. It does sound mighty though, on the edge of legal.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Rob62:
I see what you mean although it looks better on the view from the top than the view from behind. I like the tyres, i do like to see modern rubber on classic jap bikes...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version